At Northshore Senior Center, our goal is to provide a community where everyone leads full, healthy and inspired lives. Our staff, with the support of over 500 volunteers, provides vital programs and services for adults (especially those 50 and older) as well as adults with disabilities of all ages; and resources for caregivers and families. If you would like to support our important nonprofit work, we’d like to hear from you!
We provide competitive pay plus employer paid medical, dental, disability and life insurance, plus two weeks’ vacation after six months for the first year of employment with three weeks’ vacation in the second year.
We are hiring a maintenance technician to handle general maintenance and repairs for our three buildings. This is a full-time position with hours from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. that reports to the Internal Operations Manager, and specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform general building and site repairs, including replacing lost keys, adjusting plumbing fixtures, changing lightbulbs, learning and monitoring the HVAC system, and troubleshooting other building systems as needed
- Make minor electrical repairs such as changing out light fixtures and ballasts and plumbing and toilet repairs and monitor janitorial, landscaping, garbage and recycling vendors to ensure that their work is performed according to their contracts
- Arrange furniture and technical equipment in various rooms
- Order supplies and maintain supplies inventory
- Help maintain inventory of furnishings and equipment
- Assist the Internal Operations Manager in developing preventive maintenance plans, selecting vendors, and implementing building maintenance, repair, and renovation projects
- Serve as the first point of contact if the fire or security systems are activated
The successful candidate will have:
* High school diploma or GED
* 2+ years of maintenance and repair experience
* Valid Washington State driver’s license
* Basic proficiency with computers (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and internet)
* The ability to pass a criminal history check
* Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds
Northshore Senior Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.