Wright Runstad & Company is seeking an experienced Building Engineer to take initiative and work independently to maintain one of the most prestigious Class A, high-rise office properties in downtown Seattle - 1201 Third Avenue. Wright Runstad takes a very forward-thinking approach to energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. You’ll have the opportunity to showcase your skills and also gain additional knowledge and training!
We are a leading property development and management firm that offers a great benefits package, including:
- Partially-paid dependent health premiums
- 401(k) match
- Free bus pass/partial parking allowance
- Generous paid time off
- Educational reimbursement and budget for continuing education, certifications, etc.
For more information about us, see our web site: www.wrightrunstad.com.
This position reports to the Chief Engineer and works closely with a team of talented engineers and senior engineers to provide high-quality service. Work hours will be Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, and specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the preventive maintenance program
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Operate building systems, including computer-based HVAC/energy management, fire alarms, smoke detectors and speakers, security card access/electronic locks, and camera-recorded surveillance
- Maintain professional communications with contractors, tenants, and property management team
- Supervise vendors and contractors
- Assist in project cost tracking and annual budget preparation
- Respond to after-hours on-call emergency situations and support engineering and security team on the phone or on-site as needed (1 week out of 6)