The Northshore Adult Day Center is part of the Northshore Senior Center. Our Adult Day Health and Community Inclusion program serves adults experiencing physical, mental or social problems associated with arthritis, diabetes, stroke, isolation, developmental disabilities, Alzheimer's, and other conditions. We provide a safe and therapeutic activity program to aid the frail and disabled, offering families and caregivers time away from their responsibilities.
We are hiring an on-call Nursing Assistant to join our team. The Nursing Assistant reports to the program manager and provides nursing services to maintain and, if possible, improve the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of frail and disabled adults.
We provide competitive pay- and the opportunity to improve people’s lives on a daily basis. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Toilet clients.
- Assist with exercise and walking programs.
- Assist participants during mealtimes.
- Assist staff and participants with outings and special events.
- Track care plan progress and outcomes using simple computer software.
The successful candidate will have:
- Physical ability to assist disabled participants with transferring and ambulating; must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Willingness to obtain a yearly TB Test, Statement of Good Health, Food Handlers’ Permit, Series B Hepatitis test and CPR Certification.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Certified Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant with valid Washington State License preferred.
- Experience working with the elderly preferred.
- Computer experience preferred.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and pay requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northshore Senior Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.