Altius Institute for Biomedical Sciences, located on the Seattle Waterfront, is searching for a full-time Payroll and Accounting Assistant to work with the Finance and HR teams in preparing semi-monthly payrolls as well as other accounting and administrative functions. We offer competitive pay plus generous benefits, including: partially-paid dependent health premiums, 403(b) match, and generous time off and paid holidays.
About Altius: Altius Institute for Biomedical Sciences is an independent, non-profit research institute located in Seattle, Washington. Altius is pioneering new technologies and approaches for decoding how genes are controlled and how a cell’s "operating system" functions in health and disease. We couple the scientific creativity and innovation of an academic environment with previously unavailable integrated capabilities in instrumentation, automation and computation
Specific responsibilities include:
* Coordinate Documentation to Support Payroll Changes
* Running semi-monthly payroll on Outsourced Payroll program
* Track PTO accruals outside Payroll System
* Develop knowledge of Retirement plan administration and know what reports to use for year-end functions
* Document scanning and photocopying
* Accounts Payable-Organize and input all Payables in to current software.
* Assist with all aspects of Billing, including Credit Card Reconcilation.
* Other accounting and/or administrative duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
* Minimum of three experience in an accounting assistant role
* Minimum of two years’ experience running payrolls
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word.
* Ability to learn various software applications, QuickBooks is current Accounting Software.
* Experience working with outside vendors
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking abilities.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To be considered, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org attention: Payroll and Accounting Assistant.
Altius Institute for Biomedical Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.