Wright Runstad & Company is seeking an experienced Building Engineer to take initiative and work independently to maintain prestigious, Class A, low-rise office properties in the South Sound Area. Wright Runstad takes a very forward-thinking approach to energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. You’ll have the opportunity to showcase your skills and also gain additional knowledge and training!
We are a leading property development and management firm that offers a great benefits package, including:
* Partially-paid dependent health premiums
* 401(k) match
* Free bus pass/partial parking allowance
* Generous paid time off
* Educational reimbursement and budget for continuing education, certifications, etc.
For more information about us, or to view the full job description, please see our web site: www.wrightrunstad.com.
This position reports to the Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer, and works closely with a team of talented engineers and senior engineers to provide high-quality service. Work hours will be Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, and responsibilities include:
- Manage the preventive maintenance program
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Operate building systems, including computer-based HVAC/energy management, fire alarms, smoke detectors and speakers, security card access/electronic locks, and camera-recorded surveillance
- Maintain professional communications with contractors, tenants, and property management team
- Supervise vendors and contractors
- Assist in project cost tracking and annual budget preparation
- Respond to after-hours on-call emergency situations and support engineering and security team on the phone or on-site as needed
The successful candidate will have:
- A current State of Washington 07 Specialty Electrician License
- 5 years of physical plant maintenance experience, preferably in Class A office space
- Knowledge of single- and three-phase power, low-pressure steam, HVAC, and energy management systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair direct digital controls
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer service focus
- Ability to be on the on-call duty schedule and respond to emergency situations which may arise
- Proficiency with smartphone apps, internet resources, and a variety of computer programs, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- CFC and/or refrigerant licenses are preferred
All inquiries will remain confidential.
Wright Runstad & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.