Helly Hansen, a leading manufacturer of high performance outdoor clothing, is seeking an Assistant Controller for our U.S. headquarters office in Sumner, WA.
We provide a friendly, fast-paced environment, competitive pay, a generous product discount, and a full benefits package, including 100% paid medical and dental coverage for employees and generous paid time off.
For more about us and our products, see www.hellyhansen.com
The Assistant Controller will report to the Controller. Responsibilities will include:
* Publishing financials to managers and corporate monthly
* Monitoring annual budget
* Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
* Maintaining weekly and daily accounting reporting
* Maintaining fixed asset inventory
* Assists with managing year-end audit process
* Preparing monthly sales and excise tax returns
* Preparing annual property tax returns
* Assist Controller with coordination of external audits - Tax
* Monitoring internal control environment planning to ensure compliance and making necessary changes to improve processes as needed
* Develop internal reports including managing data integrity, to support functional area business needs.
* Review payment proposals for accuracy in coding and proper approvals
* Approving outgoing check runs and wire transfers
* Coordinate the processing of annual 1099s
* Maintain monthly headcount reports
* Report required financial metrics to various statistical agencies
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in a senior accountant position, including the understanding and application of GAAP and the concept of Prepaid and Accruals and the ability to generate financial statements and validate and troubleshoot variances
- Proficiency with MS Excel (ability to do moderately complex formulas and pivot tables) and accounting software
- Experience with cash management, fixed assets, budget to actual analysis, and month end and year end close
- Strong customer service orientation
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in a wholesale and retail accounting environment is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Canadian regulations is a bonus
Helly Hansen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.