Northshore Senior Center is committed to serving adults, with emphasis on the healthy, active senior who wants to use a lifetime of skills and experience to make a difference in our community.
Mission: Northshore Senior Center promotes healthy aging and well-being in our community through programs, services, resources, and civic engagement.
Vision: We envision a community where everyone leads full, healthy, and inspired lives.
NSC is the largest senior center in Washington with over 2500 members. Programs and services are provided at the Northshore Senior Center - Bothell, Kenmore and Mill Creek branches and the Adult Health and Wellness Center. Programs range from fitness to cards and games to lifelong learning and computer classes. The center offers a variety of support groups and offers adult day health and respite care. Transportation is a key service that transports seniors to the various facilities.
Operate a paratransit van safely and efficiently to transport persons with special transportation needs, including individuals whom due to age, disability or income cannot provide their own transportation, to senior center and adult day center programs, medical appointments, and additional destinations as assigned.
- Operate paratransit van in various traffic and environmental conditions, on schedule to various locations in a safe, timely manner. Observe all safety precautions; communicate with other drivers and the dispatch center using a two-way radio or cell phone.
- Perform pre and post-inspections on assigned vehicle; clean and refuel the vehicle; report any mechanical service needs.
- Provide excellent customer service; greet, assist and secure passengers, including those using mobility devices and child car seats; provide whatever assistance is needed, such as opening doors, operating wheelchair lift, escorting to buildings; assure passenger safety; respond to passenger illness or other medical problems as needed.
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA requirements.
- Maintain a variety of records, reports and logs.
- Maintain a satisfactory working relationship with fellow employees and the general public.
- Attend all training programs when scheduled. Attend regular staff meetings and provide input.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote cultural competence.
- Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and building cultural competence.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
1. High School or GED.
2. A verifiable minimum of seven years driving experience is required.
3. A minimum of one year professional driving experience preferred.
4. Must be at least 25 years of age, for insurance purposes.
5. Experience working with frail and disabled people preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
6. Valid Washington State driver's license with no moving violations in the past three years required.
7. Ability to communicate clearly in English.
8. Physical ability to perform job.
9. Computer experience preferred.
10. Ability to read maps and use a GPS effectively.
11. Must successfully complete all defensive driving, CPR and first aid, and passenger assistance training classes as required.
Note: All employees are subject to periodic Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Checks and must complete a Criminal History Self-Disclosure Form.
Northshore Transportation employees are further subject to an annual WSP finger print criminal history check and to pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is $14.00 per hour, plus great benefits for full time employees
Casual positions are not eligible for benefits
* Casual Position - No set schedule; as and when required; Monday - Friday
* Part Time (3 x 10 hours) with Excellent Benefits
* Part Time (5 x 6 hours) with Excellent Benefits
* Full Time (4 x 10 hours) with Excellent Benefits
* Full Time (5 x 8 hours) with Excellent Benefits
or fill out an application at Northshore Senior Center Transportation Office:
10212 East Riverside Drive, Bothell, WA 98011
Northshore Senior Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.