ABOUT PRESTIGE RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION
Since 1981, Prestige has produced residential projects of the highest quality. Our portfolio represents a mix of architect-designed homes, historic home renovations, and remodeling projects of both modest and expansive scale. At Prestige, we go out of our way to build long-term relationships with the people we serve.
Prestige is a family-run, high-quality, positive company with a fast-paced environment. We take great pride in our individual and collective work. We provide competitive pay, health coverage, paid time off, mobile device allowance, mileage reimbursement, and regular performance and pay reviews.
The Lead Carpenter is responsible for carrying out the job from start to finish, including coordinating trade contractors, job site supervision, carpentry labor, completing required reports and paper trails, and representing Prestige in achieving job site quality, cleanliness, and customer satisfaction. This position is expected to project the company’s philosophy of dedication to people, excellence, self-management, and integrity.
* Serve as the company’s on-site construction manager, ultimately responsible for the quality and schedule performance of the project.
* Supervise, schedule, and coordinate all trade contractors, employees and vendors.
* Perform carpentry work, requesting help as needed. Assign and supervise carpenters and support staff.
* Evaluate each employee’s skill sets, coach and train on techniques to improve, provide constructive feedback to employees and update overall performance feedback to Project Managers/Human Resources.
* Ensure that on-site trades, support staff and employees adhere to the company’s policies regarding safety, cleanliness, alcohol, drug use, parking and smoking, and customer consideration.
* Work effectively with the Project Manager, notifying him/her of any questions and discrepancies, and of any possible delays or conditions that will affect the schedule or budget. Identify alternative recommendations or solutions.
* Plan agenda and meeting minutes for weekly client meetings with approval of Project Manager.
* Prepare final material take-offs and effectively forecast for all material orders.
* Take responsibility and initiative for keeping up with computer software/technology training and usage. Attain intermediate/advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
* Complete assignments and finishes projects on schedule.
* Displays commitment to excellence; is accurate and thorough.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
* Five years’ experience/education in successful lead carpentry and project/site management environment, including supervisory or management experience.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Good troubleshooter and problem solver.
* Commitment to an open philosophy of communication, growth and development, integrity, customer service, and team work.
* Ability to manage and coordinate all levels of trade contractors, vendors, and employees.
* Clean, functional, and dependable truck or van that mirrors the Prestige image.
* Own and maintain a complete array of construction power and hand tools.
* Maintain current CPR / First Aid training.
* Dress and groom appropriately, as per company policy.
* Maintain the company’s typical workday schedule of 7:00 to 3:30.
To Apply, please send your resume and pay requirements to: email@example.com
Prestige Residential Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.