ABOUT PRESTIGE RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION
Since 1981, Prestige has produced residential projects of the highest quality. Our portfolio represents a mix of architect-designed homes, historic home renovations, and remodeling projects of both modest and expansive scale. At Prestige, we go out of our way to build long-term relationships with the people we serve.
Prestige is a family-run, high-quality, positive company with a fast-paced environment. We take great pride in our individual and collective work. We provide competitive pay, health coverage, paid time off, mobile device allowance, mileage reimbursement, and regular performance and pay reviews.
The Construction Laborer & Driver is expected to facilitate the ordering, purchasing, coordination and delivery of building materials, tools and equipment to all project jobsites. This position represents Prestige to clients, trade contractors, vendors and other employees.
The primary objective of this position is to service the material, transportation and organizational needs of our projects. An employee in this position is also expected to project the company’s philosophy of dedication to people, excellence, integrity and environmental responsibility.
* Coordinates the ordering, purchasing and delivery of building materials, tools and equipment to all projects.
* Assists in the mobilization and demobilization of each project.
* Manages physical facilities and keeps them organized, weather protected, clean and safe.
* Coordinates fleet maintenance and repair.
* Coordinates equipment and tool maintenance, leasing and/or repair.
* Provides clear and legible information to Finance Manager for time & materials billings.
* Provides carpentry and labor support as needed.
* Learns WISHA and our company’s safety policies and procedures.
* Ensures 'green' practices and procedures are followed at all times.
* 'Self-manages,' corrects errors and follows through on all problems to resolution.
* Builds positive relationships with clients, trade contractors, vendors and staff.
* Observes, plans and 'pitches in' wherever needed.
* Requires minimal supervision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
As much as 50% of the employee’s time may be spent driving. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; active construction sites; and the outdoor elements.
In this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and use hands and arms to reach, grasp, handle or feel. The employee must frequently walk and may be required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. The employee may also occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* A combination of 5 years total school and/or experience in the construction industry and/or delivery business (preferred).
* Excellent written and verbal communication, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Commitment to an open philosophy of communication, growth, integrity, customer service and teamwork.
* An internal drive to set examples for others, develop and implement procedures to maximize efficiency and minimize wasted time and materials.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with clients, trade contractors, and co-workers.
* A dependable mode of transportation, a valid Washington State driver’s license, and a clear driving record.
* Comfort operating small commercial trucks. Ideally possesses a CDL.
* Ability to dress and groom appropriately, as per company policy.
* Ability to maintain the company’s typical workday schedule of 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 pm.
To Apply, please send your resume and pay requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prestige Residential is an equal opportunity employer