Altius Institute for Biomedical Sciences, located on the Seattle Waterfront, is searching for a full-time
Payroll and Accounting Specialist to work with the Finance and HR teams. We offer competitive pay plus generous benefits, including: partially-paid dependent health premiums, 403(b) match, and generous time off and paid holidays.
About Altius: Altius Institute for Biomedical Sciences is an independent, non-profit research institute located in Seattle, Washington. Altius is pioneering new technologies and approaches for decoding how genes are controlled and how a cell’s "operating system" functions in health and disease. We couple the scientific creativity and innovation of an academic environment with previously unavailable integrated capabilities in instrumentation, automation and computation
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate documentation to support payroll changes
- Running semi-monthly payroll on outsourced payroll program
- Track PTO accruals outside payroll system
- Develop knowledge of retirement plan administration and know what reports to use for year-end functions
- Document scanning and photocopying
- Accounts payable-organize and input all payables in to current software.
- Assist with all aspects of accounts payable, including credit card reconcilation.
- Understanding of journal entry construction and chart of accounts usage
- Other accounting and/or administrative duties as assigned