Altius Institute for Biomedical Sciences, located on the Seattle Waterfront, is seeking a highly motivated, diligent individual to operate and maintain two Beckman Coulter flow cytometers (MoFlo Astrios and Cytoflex) and an automated, tissue culture-handling robotics system (Hamilton STAR). The position is available immediately and will include comprehensive training for each of these instruments. We offer competitive pay plus generous benefits, including: partially-paid dependent health premiums, 403(b) match, and generous time off and paid holidays.
About Altius: Altius Institute for Biomedical Sciences is an independent, non-profit research institute located in Seattle, Washington. Altius is pioneering new technologies and approaches for decoding how genes are controlled and how a cell’s 'operating system' functions in health and disease. We couple the scientific creativity and innovation of an academic environment with previously unavailable integrated capabilities in instrumentation, automation, and computation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Operate & maintain Beckman-Coulter MoFlo Astrios & CytoFLEX flow cytometers
- Operate & maintain Hamilton STAR tissue culture automation robot
- Coordinate schedules for cell sorting & automation equipment
- Stocktaking & ordering of flow cytometry & automation supplies and reagents
- Work with researchers on setup for sorting runs to meet their experimental needs
- Manual and automated tissue culture of human cell lines