Wright Runstad & Company is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join the WRC team at our company headquarters. This position will administer semi-monthly payroll, oversee benefits renewal and enrollment, and perform related accounting tasks associated with these and other accounting functions.
Wright Runstad is a leading property development and management firm that employs outstanding people who are committed to excellence. We offer a friendly, fast-paced environment, with a great benefits package, including:
- Partially-paid dependent health premiums
- 401(k) match
- Generous paid time off
- Educational reimbursement and budget for continuing education, certifications, etc.
For more information about us, see our web site: www.wrightrunstad.com
This position reports to the VP-Controller. Specific responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain all personnel files and employee records
- Serve as the liaison between the company management and retained HR consulting firm, as needed
- Act as the internal contact for employees who have human resource-related needs
Payroll Administration - Ensure timely, accurate and confidential administration of all payroll functions including, but not limited to:
- Compile, input and transmit semi-monthly payroll
- Ensure all benefit and personnel changes are in effect at the appropriate dates in the payroll program
- Reconcile payroll and distribute pay stubs
- Make payroll journal entries in the accounting software
- Answer employee questions regarding payroll issues and concerns
- Communicate with ADP directly about administrative tasks, such as annual payroll schedule and SUI tax rate changes
- Maintain benefit enrollment data in the ADP/Workforce Now payroll platform
- Review and distribute 1095-C forms timely
- Administer the health and welfare, retirement, fringe benefits, and all other company provided plans
- Notify participants of benefits eligibility
- Communicate with benefits broker at annual enrollment
- Perform employee enrollment and changes in on-line portals and serve as main contact with benefit vendors.
- Assist Plan Administrator with administration of 401k plan (calculate and transmit monthly employee contributions and loan repayment data files payments, process quarterly employer match funds, compliance testing, annual audit file, year-end reconciliation, etc.).
- Conduct employee new hire orientations and coordinate terminated employee benefits (i.e. COBRA and retirement benefit programs).
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices
- Perform monthly procedures related to estimated and actual/adjusted salary billings
- Calculate and prepare quarterly workers’ compensation tax return with the Department of Labor & Industries
- Process accounts payable and cash receipts
- Reconcile monthly bank account statement for multiple entities
- Assist with the development of employee training or other company events, as needed